Honeywell is seeking a District Manager for the New England, USA Region. The ideal candidate can be located in any major city within the territory, with the ability to travel extensively up to 80% (including 40% overnight) in region.
Territory includes: Connecticut, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine and Eastern New York.
This field sales position reports to a Regional Sales Leader and is responsible for driving sales of Honeywell Intrusion products. This position proactively initiates solutions to customer’s immediate and emerging needs thereby sustaining profitable growth and accelerating market share. Through tenacity, resourcefulness and creativity, District Managers set the industry standard for customer delight.
• Increase market share by seeking out new relationships through sales events, trade shows, referrals, industry contacts, making warm/cold face-to-face sales calls, collaborating with sales/branch managers on sales strategies and developing plans to convert potential customers to ADI customers
• Maintain current relationships by supporting/recommending customer service efforts, conducting follow up calls, profiling dealers, educating customers about new product lines and keeping abreast of new developments in the industry
• Keep abreast of competitive issues and products
• Contribute to the development of future products and marketing strategies through voice of the customer feedback
• Determine and communicate product demand and potential volumes through regular monthly forecasting
• Exceed monthly sales objectives
• Consistently identify new business opportunities at existing and potential customers to ensure sustained, profitable growth
• Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of the organizations' core competencies and differentiated capabilities and apply this knowledge to provide value-added solutions to customers
• Associates Degree
• 3 years outside sales experience with Security products
• Valid Driver’s License, clean motor vehicle history, and a driving record in good standing
• Bachelor’s Degree, preferred
• Security sales (intrusion products) experience highly desired
• Proven track record of exceeding customer expectations and sales objectives
• Working knowledge of office software applications and sales automation tools
• Basic understanding of financial statements and how the company and customers make a profit
• Excellent communication skills including, written, verbal and an emphasis on technical presentation skills
• Self-confidence to communicate candidly
• Strong Organization, Planning, Follow-up and general Time Management skills with experience managing a sales region, prioritizing opportunities and working from a home office environment
• Excellent selling, negotiating and closing skills
• Endless stamina and resilience to successfully transform prospects into customers
• Familiarity with Salesforce.com
• Ability to travel extensively up to 80% (including 40% overnight) in region
- Job ID: 00351699
- Category: Sales
- Location: Milford, CT USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.